- Forager Foodie Gift Set (a $64 value!)
Forager Foodie Gift Set (a $64 value!)
Give the gift of culinary delight with the Forager Foodie gift set -- a $66 value! This set includes a hardcover mushroom cookbook and four bags of our dried wild mushrooms. Simply reconstitute with water and add flavor and texture to your favorite recipes!
BOOK: Wild Mushrooms: A Cookbook and Foraging Guide is packed with content and lore from more than 20 skilled foragers around the country. More than a cookbook, you will learn the best ways to locate, collect, and clean your mushrooms from the experts. The book also discuss safety and edibility, preservation techniques, flavor profiles, and more. Recipes are categorized by mushroom species, with 115 recipes in total.
DRIED MUSHROOMS: North Spore dried wild mushrooms are wildcrafted and foraged from North American forests.
- Dried Wild Porcini Mushrooms (28 grams): Porcini mushrooms are prized in Italian and French cuisine because they add an unmistakable meaty richness, earthy aroma, and big umami flavor to every dish.
- Dried Wild Morel Mushrooms (14 grams): Morels are a culinary favorite due to their delicate, yet meaty texture. Harbingers of spring, they are often described as earthy, woodsy, and nutty with a hint of mild smokiness.
- Dried Wild Lobster Mushrooms (28 grams): Lobster mushrooms are beloved for their dense texture and nutty, sweet smell reminiscent of steamed lobster. They are found in the autumn in New England and on the West Coast, usually from late summer through October.
- Dried Wild Chanterelle Mushrooms (28 grams): Prized for their golden yellow color and subtle balance of apricot, black pepper, butter, and earth notes, chanterelles are surprisingly versatile. They blend well with a variety of foods including omelets, meat, fish, soups, sauces and pastas.