All American 50X-120V Electric Sterilizer Pressure Cooker
|Item has 90-day lead time
*This items ships directly from our friends at All American
(NOTICE: This item has a 90-day lead time)
All-American Pressure Sterilizers are ideal for mushroom growers looking to sterilize bags, jars, and lab tools. Unlike regular pressure cookers, they feature a stopcock that prevents steam from escaping once ideal temperatures have been achieved.
The exclusive, precision machined "metal-to-metal" sealing system prevents contaminants, while positive action clamping locks align the cover to the base forming a steam tight seal. They also feature gasketless lids, which means opening and closing is easy. And because they’re crafted from the finest hand cast aluminum to resist aging and corrosion, they are truly “built to last.”
50X Model Features:
- Electric sterilizer plugs into wall
- Crafted of the finest hand cast aluminum that resists aging and corrosion
- Stay-cool bakelite top handles and wing nuts
- Removable aluminum inner container with rack
- Interior stainless steel support stand
- More accurate TPI thermocouple, snapswitch and pilot light
- Portable, economical, reliable operation
- Flexible metal exhaust tube
- 60 minute mechanical timer
- Pressure gauge conforms to the pressure gauge standard ANSI B40-1-1980
IMPROPER USE MAY RESULT IN INJURY
Sterilizers operate under pressure. Read and understand operating instructions before use to prevent accidental injury.
Scroll down for specifications, directions and cautions.
Only a small amount of water is needed to create the dry steam. After achieving a minimum temperature of 250°F(121°C), and a pressure of 17psi, the dry steam penetrates the contents, making them sterile in 35 minutes and ready for immediate use. No wiping is necessary to remove chemical residue or moisture, and cutting edges are not dulled.
Just a small amount of water is needed to create the dry steam for this sterilizer. After achieving a minimum temperature of 250°F(121°C), and a pressure of 17psi, the dry steam penetrates the contents, making them sterile in 35 minutes and ready for immediate use. No wiping down is necessary to remove chemical residue or moisture, and cutting edges are not dulled.
- Always remember to operate your All American Sterilizer with (preferably distilled) water. Be sure to check the manual and adjust parameters for high altitudes.
- Jars, bottles, slants, etc. must be loosely capped so the steam can vent. Tools can be sterilized wrapped in foil.
- Start with the control valve open. While the unit heats up, allow steam to be released from the valve for 5 minutes, then close the valve. Pressure will start to build and when the pressure gauge reaches the green zone (17-18 psi), open the control valve again and let it vent for 3-5 minutes.
- When pressure returns to the green zone (17-18 psi), start timing the cycle for 35 minutes. When the cycle is done, shut off the unit and vent from the control release valve again but do not open the lid until pressure gauge reads 0 psi.
120 Volt, 50/60 Hz
1650 watts/13.75 amps
Capacity - 25 Quarts (Liquid)
Inside Diameter - 12 5/8 inches
Overall Height - 16 3/4 inches
Bottom Height - 12 1/4 inches
Inside Depth - 8 1/2 inches
Circumference - 35 7/8 inches
Inside Diameter - 11 1/8 inches
Capacity - 14.5 Qt Inner Container Capacity
All American provides a 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
⚠ BURN WARNING:
IMPROPER USE MAY RESULT IN SCALDING INJURY
Sterilizer operates under pressure. Read and understand operating instructions before use to prevent accidental injury.
- Unit must be properly closed before operating to prevent possible injury.
- Unit will become hot during use. Do not touch hot surfaces.
- Always use caution when handling unit when it is hot.
- Always closely supervise children and pets when sterilizer is in use.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving the sterilizer containing hot liquids.
- Do not use the sterilizer for other than its intended use.
- Always check the pressure release devices for clogs before using your sterilizer.
POLYPROPYLENE MELTS ABOVE 25PSI AND 350°F
Plastic grow bags are designed to withstand high temperatures during sterilization. However prolonged direct contact with the base of an autoclave or pressure cooker can result in damage to bags.
- Never leave bags unattended in an autoclave or pressure cooker.
- Keep bags away from the metal sides of your equipment to avoid damage.
- Any sudden change in pressure will cause bags to rupture or burst.
- Always allow autoclave or pressure cooker to cool down and depressurize before opening to remove bags.
Additional cautions & considerations:
- Before each use make sure that your gauge reads zero.
- NEVER loosen wing nuts until the steam pressure gauge reaches zero and have allowed remaining pressure to escape by opening the control valve in the vertical “open” position.
- NEVER open the sterilizer until the unit has cooled and the internal pressure reads zero on the steam pressure gauge.
- NEVER use this sterilizer for cooking or processing food.
- NEVER run the unit without water. Doing so will damage the heating element.
- NEVER move your sterilizer while it is pressurized.
- Be sure to keep metal-to-metal seal lubricated.
- To prevent lime and mineral buildup, use distilled or deionized water in sterilizer.
- Do not subject your sterilizer to sudden extreme temperature changes, as this may cause expansion or contraction of the metal which can damage any aluminum device. Do not move sterilizer from a cold storage area directly onto a hot flame or element. Do not add cold water to a sterilizer which has been boiled dry and remains hot. Do not cool sterilizer by pouring cold water into or on the unit.
- As in all clinical/laboratory settings, wear safety glasses when attending to your sterilizer.
*Free shipping only applies to the 48 contiguous U.S. states. It does not apply to Hawaii, Alaska or U.S. Territories.
*Discount codes do not apply to this item.