- Stainless Steel Ergonomic Flat Scalpel Handle #7
Stainless Steel Ergonomic Flat Scalpel Handle #7
This stainless steel scalpel with ergonomic handle was designed for maximum comfort. Ideal for working with cultures, tissues, and other lab specimens. Corrosion-resistant to most chemicals, salts, and acids. (Fits scalpel blade sizes 10-15.)
Changing your blades:
To avoid accidental cuts, ALWAYS use forceps, needle holders, or other engineering controls when changing or manipulating blades. Cuts from scalpel blades are one of the most common sharps injuries in the lab.
Place used blades in a sharps container and dispose of them according to local guidelines.
⚠ CUT HAZARD:
IMPROPER USE OR CONTACT MAY RESULT IN INJURY.
Always keep blades and sharp edges away from fingers and body. Do not use if blades or sharp edges are dull or otherwise damaged or if the handle is broken or loose. Do not pick up by the blade or sharp edge. When not in use, store in a safe place.
PLEASE NOTE: To maintain the integrity of your stainless steel lab instruments and to prevent staining, always follow the cleaning instructions below.
Before sterilizing, clean instruments using the following protocol.
- Rinse off any fluids or tissues with water.
- Manually clean instruments with a soft plastic brush and a pH neutral detergent. (Never use steel wool or wire brushes.)
- Thoroughly dry instruments with a clean towel. (This will minimize the risk of corrosion and water spots.)
- Low pH detergents may breakdown the stainless protective surface and cause black staining.
- High pH detergents may cause surface deposits of brown stains, which can interfere with the smooth operation of the instrument.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. When not in use, store in a safe place.
- To prevent contamination, always sterilize your instruments before use.
You may also like
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!