- Wickless Spirit Lamp Alcohol Burner Set
Wickless Spirit Lamp Alcohol Burner Set
|Dimensions||2.5" W x 3.3" H (including cap)|
This stainless, corrosion-resistant alcohol burner uses copper tubing instead of a traditional wick, giving off a more consistent and even flame for sterilizing scalpels and other laboratory tools. It is also far superior to traditional glass alcohol burners because it is more durable and less likely to spill. Each burner comes with a wind shield for use in front of flow hoods and a snuffer cap to put out the flame after each use.
Important safety information:
- We recommend lighting the flame with a butane torch lighter or safety lighter instead of matches to prevent accidental burns.
- Burners use 90% ethanol and contain a 95 ml fuel reservoir. 90% ethanol can be found in most local hardware stores. (Note: DO NOT use drug store rubbing alcohol.)
⚠ BURN WARNING:
IMPROPER USE OR FUEL MAY RESULT IN INJURY.
Only use 90% ethanol as burner fuel. The use of other substitutes could result in serious injury.
- Ethanol poses a dangerous fire risk if used incorrectly.
- Only use 90% ethanol as burner fuel. The use of other substitutes could result in serious injury.
- Do not light the burner if any ethanol leaks.
- Wear goggles, gloves, and a chemical-resistant apron when handling ethanol.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling ethanol.
- Only use the burner in a well-ventilated area.
- Use a butane torch or safety lighter to prevent accidental burns.