‘BoomRoom’ Automated Mushroom Martha Tent Grow Kit
|Dimensions||63" H x 27" W x 19" D|
A $360 value!
Skip the DIY Martha tent and take your mushroom grow to the next level with BoomRoom, a self-contained, fully automated mushroom fruiting and incubation chamber that gives you better control of humidity, CO2 levels, fresh air exchange, and spore filtration. Growing mushrooms has never been easier!
Complete automated mushroom fruiting & incubation chamber
Designed for use with trays, fruiting blocks, jars, and kits, its compact design and flexible filtration options give you the ability to grow mushrooms just about anywhere -- your kitchen, garage, basement, closet, or even a spare bedroom. And with 5 adjustable racks and 17 cubic ft of space, BoomRoom allows you to grow up to 8x more mushrooms than a monotub. Start growing bigger flushes with confidence!
The BoomRoom Complete Kit includes:
- (1) 5-rack shelving unit
- (1) Clear zippered tent
- (1) 'Spore Floor' rack base
- (1) 'Myco Mister' ultrasonic humidifier
- (1) Humidity controller w/ sensor
- (1) FAE (Fresh Air Exchange) fan
- (3) Re-usable FAE fan filters
- (1) Flexible black ducting (8 ft.)
- (2) Ducting clamps
- (1) Detailed instruction manual
Scroll down for complete descriptions of each feature!
- The Myco-Mister Ultrasonic Humidifier's ultra-fine mist improves mushroom quality and reduces blotch and other diseases. Settings allow you to adjust humidity level depending on mushroom species, and LED light indicates when water levels are low.
- The humidity controller's built-in, high-accuracy humidistat sensor automatically turns your Myco-Mister Ultrasonic Humidifier on and off to maintain desired humidity. It also allows you to program humidity range to create ideal growing environments for a multitude of species. Includes built-in alarm in the event humidity levels drop too low.
- The highly-efficient FAE fan prevents CO2 build-up, promotes fresh airflow, and allows you to set up a positive or negative pressure system. The on-unit controller also allows you to adjust the fan speed to optimize your grow. Fan features an extra-long cord to allow for more flexible BoomRoom placement.
- No window? No problem! For spore filtration, each kit includes washable fan filters and 8 feet of 4” ducting. This gives you the flexibility of window or non-window placement, depending on your home setup. (Clamps to hold filters and ducting in place are also included.)
- BoomRoom features specially-designed top and bottom racks. The top rack is designed to create space for your FAE Fan while the bottom ‘half rack’ is designed to create space for your Myco-Mister Ultrasonic Humidifier.
- Each kit includes a ‘Spore Floor,’ which provides structural rigidity while capturing falling spores for easy cleanup.
- Shelves come with custom support bars and can be used to house trays, fruiting blocks, jars, and kits -- up to 20 lbs per shelf. (Distance between shelves is 13 inches).
- The 5-rack shelving unit features a 5/8 inch diameter tubular steel frame with powder coat finish to resist chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. Sturdy wire mesh racks can also be removed to accommodate different configurations.
- The clear tent sheath features a double zipper door panel that rolls up to allow easy access and cleanup. It also allows ambient, indirect light in for optimal mushroom growth.
The BoomRoom Complete Kit and each BoomRoom branded component comes with a (1) Year Limited Warranty. The warranty can be viewed here.
Check out our BoomRoom FAQs
What features should you look for when choosing an automated mushroom grow tent?
When choosing a mushroom grow kit, fresh air supply, gas exchange, humidity sensing, moisture quality, ventilation, spore filtration, and overall kit design are key considerations.
Be aware that all grow kits are not created equal. Some simply trap air and moisture, creating a swampy environment where mushrooms simply won't thrive. Others blow too much air and dry out your mushrooms, or fail to adequately filter out spores or properly manage gas exchange.
Do I need light to grow mushrooms in an automated grow tent?
Yes. Even though mushrooms don’t require light for photosynthesis (like plants) they still require light to form fruiting bodies. When growing indoors, indirect sunlight from a window should suffice. However, if you decide to grow in a dark or windowless area (like a garage, basement, or closet) you will need to supplement light with a compact fluorescent lightbulb or LED strip in the blue spectrum (above 5000K).
What kind of mushrooms can I grow in an automated mushroom grow tent?
You can grow a wide variety of edible and medicinal mushrooms, including Lion’s Mane, Oyster, Shiitake, Chestnut, Pioppino, Nameko, and more. Most of these are grown in bags, but many can also be grown in trays. (Note that each species has different growing requirements and, therefore, cannot all be grown together. For example, shiitake mushrooms prefer cooler temperatures and higher humidity levels.)
Psilocybe* mushroom species such as P. Cubensis can also be grown using trays. However, hallucinogenic mushroom spores are illegal in a number of U.S states. Be aware of the legality in your place or residence.
North Spore's products shall be used only for lawful purposes. North Spore does not condone Psilocybin (Psilocybe cubensis) or hallucinogenic (magic) mushroom growing in jurisdictions where it is currently illegal.
This item ships in 2 separate boxes that may arrive separately. Free shipping only applies to the contiguous 48 U.S. states and does not apply to Hawaii, Alaska, or U.S. Territories.
You may also like
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Great for small containers & trays
I use the BoomRoom to grow mushrooms in trays and small buckets and I couldn't be happier! It was easy to set up, is easy to maintain, is almost silent (with only a small hum from the fresh air exchange fan.) I chose to vent mine out the window, but I love that they give you the option to "vent" or "not to vent."
It works well
It works well , being patient and waiting
very easy setup
if you are looking to grow mushrooms as a hobby, this is for you
I loved this tent. It was very easy to set up. I had two issues, one was with the zipper on the plastic tent, and after a few months, the humidifier stopped working. In both cases, North Spore replaced the items with absolutely no difficulty. It was a very pleasant experience. I have grown many mushrooms in this tent, and would definitely recommend it to anyone in the market for a tent setup.
Everything You Need!
As advertised, this is an all inclusive package that provides you everything you need for an inside grow. Creating an indoor greenhouse has never been easier. Definitely recommended to those wanting to automate and make things easier. Package took a bit longer than expected but when I reached out, customer service was pretty quick with their response and updates.
What I have been waiting for.
I have finished my first flush of grow blocks in the Boom Room. The flush was fantastic. I added a battery operated CO2 detector and a USB powered LED light from Amazon for about $50 and I can adjust the FAE and light levels through the growth cycle of the fruiting blocks. This is high quality unit. What I like the most the the amount of grow blocks you can fit into the greenhouse. Recommended for every mushroom lover.
This thing is awesome!
I am thrilled with my BoomRoom! Northspore makes sure you have everything you could need for perfect fruiting conditions. It looks super cool too. My flushes are bigger and better looking than ever! This black king trumpet is from a second flush. First time getting a second flush from that strain.
We're glad it's working out for you, Leandro!!
I was shopping around for a good tent, and found most set ups to be very intimidating and complicated. I thought the BoomRoom setup seemed more streamlined and aesthetically pleasing. I received the product very quickly, and set up was a breeze. I am super impressed thus far with the company and their products, and will probably be a North Spore lifer
Thanks for the awesome review, Mohamed! Glad you're happy with it!
Nothing But Happy with the BoomRoom
I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin, but now live in a small condo, so needed a way to bridge the gap. I've moved up the chain from spray and grow kits, to shotgun chambers, to my own cobbled together tents. If you're trying to do more than just a bag or two this is by far the way to go. It's a cinch to put together, easy to calibrate, and just looks cool. Doing my due diligence, I priced out similar parts just to make sure I couldn't do something similar for cheaper. These days with shipping and logistical issues there was no way to beat it. It's a nifty setup that just plain works, even in urban spaces like mine. I added some LED strips and a CO2 sensor I had from my other projects just because I had them, but that stuff definitely isn't necessary (pardon the cords, the picture is from an hour after setup). Highly recommended all around.
Your BoomRoom set up looks great!
Boom Room makes it easy!
This kit made it so easy to get started growing mushrooms indoors in a very dry environment (I'm pretty sure we have negative humidity sometimes). I know some people have mentioned that the costs seems a bit much when you look at the component parts, but I tried to find everything myself and it was a huge pain - the fitted drip tray alone is worth purchasing this set up. It was easy to assemble and it is easy to move as needed. The way the shelves are set up make it a cinch to switch from, say, a fruiting block to a 5 gallon bucket depending on where you are at with your mushrooms.
Thank you for your review, Kimberly! Don't you love the Spore Floor? Be sure to send us photos of your tasty mushroom dishes!