The method is most often associated with the cultivation of manure loving Psilocybe* species such as P. Cubensis but the method can also be used to grow edible species of manure loving Agaricus or Shaggy Mane mushroom (Coprinus comatus). Switch out that bulk substrate from manure based to hardwood based wood chips and you can also grow oyster mushrooms of the Pleurotus family, Wine Caps, and Namekos.
The potential for innovating and creating new mushroom growing techniques utilizing mono tubs is endless.
So what do you need to get growing?
2) A Tupperware plastic bin such as those made by Sterilite
5) Gorilla Tape or equivalent
6) hand drill with a 2 inch hole saw
8) Latex gloves
9) Two spray bottles, one for alcohol and one for water
10) Bulk substrate- either wood chips for wood loving species or manure based substrate such as a Boomr Bag
Let's break down the process in steps: