- Dried Wild Mushrooms Variety Pack
Dried Wild Mushrooms Variety Pack
|Bag size||28 grams|
An $87.50 value!
This delicious variety pack is a favorite at North Spore. Simply reconstitute dried mushrooms to add a kick of flavor to your recipes!
- Dried Wild Porcini Mushrooms: Porcini mushrooms are prized in Italian and French cuisine because they add an unmistakable meaty richness, earthy aroma, and big umami flavor to every dish.
- Dried Wild Morel Mushrooms: Morels are a culinary favorite due to their delicate, yet meaty texture. Harbingers of spring, they are often described as earthy, woodsy, and nutty with a hint of mild smokiness.
- Dried Wild Lobster Mushrooms: Lobster mushrooms are beloved for their dense texture and nutty, sweet smell reminiscent of steamed lobster. They are found in the autumn in New England and on the West Coast, usually from late summer through October.
- Dried Wild Chanterelle Mushrooms: Prized for their golden yellow color and subtle balance of apricot, black pepper, butter, and earth notes, chanterelles are surprisingly versatile. They blend well with a variety of foods including omelets, meat, fish, soups, sauces and pastas.
- Dried Wild Black Trumpet Mushrooms: Black Trumpet mushrooms have a strong sweet, woodsy aroma and smoky, nutty, somewhat fruity flavor profile. When dried, they develop notes of black truffle, which lends itself to a variety of dishes.
- Dried Wild Matsutake Mushrooms: Matsutake mushrooms invoke the taste of autumn with a distinct spicy aroma that has hints of cypress and cinnamon. When used in recipes, they add an unmistakable warm, earthy, slightly nutty richness to dishes.
North Spore dried wild mushrooms are wildcrafted and foraged from North American forests.
Place dried mushrooms in a heatproof bowl and add just enough simmering water, wine, stock, or broth to cover. Using the minimum amount of liquid required will produce a more flavorful mushroom. Soak for 15-30 minutes, or until soft and pliable. The soaking liquid can be strained and reserved for use as a stock in soups and sauces.
One 20 gram bag yields approximately 8 ounces of rehydrated product.
Keep sealed in bag or airtight storage container. Store in a cool dry place for up to one (1) year.