- 5 Micron Filter Mushroom Grow Bags
5 Micron Filter Mushroom Grow Bags
|Dimensions||8" W x 19" H x 5" D|
|Thickness||2.2 ml; polypropylene|
These autoclavable mushroom grow bags are our go-to for indoor mushroom cultivation and spawn production. Bags are made of 2.2 ml thick polypropylene plastic and are designed to withstand high temperatures. The 5 micron filter also allows for ample gas exchange.
These bags are durable and clear enough to make monitoring growth easy and can be sealed with an impulse sealer, or just be tied to the seal.
To use, see recommendations below.
- Fill half way, then fold over the bag twice.
- Make sure the filter is not obstructed.
- Be careful not to spill any substrate on the upper regions of the bag. If you do, wipe clean.
- Never leave bags unattended in an autoclave or pressure cooker.
- Polyproylene will melt above 25PSI and/or 350 degrees F.
- Grow bags are designed to withstand high temperatures. However prolonged direct contact with the base of an autoclave or pressure cooker can result in damage to bags. We recommend lining with a cloth.
- Always allow autoclave or pressure cooker to cool down and depressurize. Any sudden change in pressure will cause bags to rupture or burst.
- Keep bags away from the metal sides of your equipment to avoid damage.
You may also like
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Reliable Spawn Bags
These bags have been very reliable. I make 5 pound fruiting blocks by adding hardwood sawdust and soy hulls with water and then pressure cook them for 2.5 hours. Supports all of my oyster mushroom production for my home and friends.
Not sure what I'm doing with these, but my initial thought was to pasteurize substrate. I have started experimenting by adding an injection port and cutting off the patch, will see if they survive the heat of sterilization after filling and sealing.
These bags were everything they were promised to be and more! They aided in the development and growth of some of the most delicious mushrooms I have ever tasted. They also arrived to my doorstep promptly.
Great way to up your growing game
Great experience so far -- used these to make enriched sawdust fruiting blocks for king oysters. Easy to use and hold up well both in the PC and when distributing grain spawn throughout the bag. There are a lot of bag options out there, I use North Spore so I don't have to worry about the quality of the product. Recommended.