- All American 1925X Mushroom Cultivation Sterilizer Pressure Cooker
All American 1925X Mushroom Cultivation Sterilizer Pressure Cooker
Made to order in the USA.
All-American Pressure Sterilizers are ideal for mushroom growers and can be used over any heat source. Unlike regular pressure cookers, they feature a stopcock that prevents steam from escaping once ideal temperatures have been achieved. And their exclusive, precision machined "Metal-to-Metal" sealing system prevents contaminants, while positive action clamping locks align the cover to the base forming a steam tight seal. They also feature gasketless lids, which means opening and closing is easy. And because they’re crafted from the finest hand cast aluminum to resist aging and corrosion, they are truly “built to last.”
All American Non Electric Sterilizers are NOT recommended for use on glass top/flat ranges because of their weight may cause the glass/ceramic to break. The diameter of the sterilizers are larger than most burners and may cause heat to transfer outward and damage the surrounding surface.
- Suitable for laboratory equipment
- Crafted of the finest hand cast aluminum that resists aging and corrosion
- Stay-cool bakelite top handles and wing nuts
- Removable aluminum inner container with rack
- Portable, economical, reliable operation
- Pressure gauge conforms to the pressure gauge standard ANSI B40-1-1980
- Flexible metal exhaust tube
- Can be used over any effective heat source
Capacity - 17.6 Qt Inner Container Capacity (Liquid)
Overall Height - 16 3/4 inches
Bottom Height - 12 1/4 inches
Inside Diameter - 12 5/8 inches
Inside Depth - 10 1/4 inches
Inside Diameter - 11 1/8 inches
Circumference - 35 7/8 inches
Capacity - 17 1/2 Quarts
Made in the U.S.A.
1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Underwriters Laboratories Listed
Only a small amount of water is needed to create the dry steam. After achieving a minimum temperature of 250°F(121°C), and a pressure of 17psi, the dry steam penetrates the contents, making them sterile in 35 minutes and ready for immediate use. No wiping is necessary to remove chemical residue or moisture, and cutting edges are not dulled.
Always remember to operate your All American Sterilizer with (preferably distilled) water. Be sure to check the manual and adjust parameters for high altitudes.
Jars, bottles, slants, etc. must be loosely capped so the steam can vent. Tools can be sterilized wrapped in foil.
Start with the control valve open. While the unit heats up, allow steam to be released from the valve for 5 minutes, then close the valve. Pressure will start to build and when the pressure gauge reaches the green zone (17-18 psi), open the control valve again and let it vent for 3-5 minutes.
When pressure returns to the green zone (17-18 psi), start timing the cycle for 35 minutes. When the cycle is done, shut off the unit and vent from the control release valve again but do not open the lid until pressure gauge reads 0 psi.
25 quarts (liquid), 19 pint jars, 7 quart jars
Jar capacities are based on round regular mouth standard Mason jar sizes.
- Read and understand the instruction manual before operating unit for the first time.
- Unit will become hot during use. Do not touch hot surfaces. Always use caution when handling unit when it is hot.
- Closely supervise children if the sterilizer is used near children.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving the sterilizer containing hot liquids.
- Do not use the sterilizer for other than its intended use.
- Whenever possible only use distilled or deionized water in sterilizer.
- Always check the pressure release devices for clogs before using your sterilizer.
- This and every steam sterilizer operates under pressure. Improper use may result in scalding injury. Make certain to read operating instructions before first use and that the unit must be properly closed before operating to prevent possible injury.
- Before each use make sure that your gauge reads zero.
- NEVER loosen wing nuts until the steam pressure gauge reaches zero and have allowed remaining pressure to escape by opening the control valve in the vertical “open” position.
- NEVER open the sterilizer until the unit has cooled and the internal pressure reads zero on the steam pressure gauge.
- NEVER use this sterilizer for cooking or processing food.
- NEVER run the unit without water.
- NEVER move your sterilizer while it is pressurized.
- Be sure to keep metal-to-metal seal lubri- cated.
- Do not subject your sterilizer to sudden extreme temperature changes, as this may cause expansion or contraction of the metal which can damage any aluminum device. Do not move sterilizer from a cold storage area directly onto a hot flame or element. Do not add cold water to a sterilizer which has been boiled dry and remains hot. Do not cool sterilizer by pouring cold water into or on the unit.
- As in all clinical/laboratory settings, wear safety glasses when attending to your sterilizer.
- The diameter of the sterilizers are larger than most burners and may cause heat to transfer outward and damage the surrounding surface. For this reason, always use the largest burner and keep countertops clean and clear of flammable objects.
NOTICE: Free shipping only applies to contiguous U.S. states and does not apply to Hawaii or Alaska.
Discount codes do not apply to this item.